30 - 45 hours per week
Monday to Sunday availability required
Cafe Kraken is an eco-centric café aiming to source as locally as possible and offer fresh, organic and seasonal food whilst keeping community at the heart of everything. If you have an interest in sustainability and providing quality service, this could be the place for you.
Are you someone who holds sustainability at the core of your values, eager to learn new skills and grow within this industry?
We're looking for the typical clichés: flexible, motivated, a team player, reliable, and honest. Some knowledge of barista skills and latte art would be desirable but all the training is provided. As long as you’re enthusiastic and friendly, we’ll sort the rest!
Mostly, we're looking for someone that wants to join a committed but friendly team to help us grow a community and sustainability focused Café; we love our locals and what we do, we serve excellent coffee and have a great plant-based menu. We’d love to welcome anyone that’s willing to get stuck into any task that needs doing, whether it be serving the customers, clearing tables, preparing food, making drinks or petting cute dogs.
We're looking for a human, not a worker slave, so...
- the pay is competitive (up to £12 per hour depending on experience)
- the hours can be flexible around you if you're the right person
- the management approach is understanding and personal
- there’s room to develop skills and we encourage your growth (training courses, etc.)
- if you want to take more on, you can; we're here to be part of our community so any initiatives are welcome
- the existing team are supportive and friendly
If this sounds like a family you’d like to be part of, please reach out to us at email@example.com telling us a bit about yourself and why you’d be an asset to the team.
Salary: £10.50 - £12 (depending on experience)
- Company events
- Discounted/free food
- Profit sharing
- Training given on the job
All staff regularly perform Lateral Flow tests to ensure we're working safely! You're able to wear a mask, and customers can do so by choice.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Oxford, OX4 2NE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Barista experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certification (preferred)
Send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few sentances on why you'd like to join!